IWS Proudly offers
Services for all needs
Massage Therapy isn’t just for relaxation anymore. Did you know massage is a proven, safe and effective way to reduce pain, rehabilitate injuries, improve athletic performance, and alleviate the effects of chronic stress? For your total health, we also provide Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy and Infrared Sauna options.
Swedish massage is the style that comes to mind when most people think about massage. It was developed in Stockholm two centuries ago and is the most common and best-known type of bodywork performed today. The goal of Swedish massage is relaxation of the entire body. This is accomplished by rubbing the muscles with long gliding strokes in the direction of blood returning to the heart. Additional techniques include: Circular pressure applied by the hands and palms; firm kneading; percussion-like tapping; bending and stretching. Lotion is often used to reduce friction and stimulate the skin. Swedish massage is an exceptional treatment for increasing the level of oxygen in the blood, decreasing muscle toxins, improving circulation, enhancing flexibility, and easing tension.
Lymphatic Massage also called lymphatic drainage or manual lymph drainage, is a technique to relieve the accumulation of fluid that can occur after lymph nodes are removed during surgery. This condition can occur in any parts of the body where lymph nodes are removed from breast, melanoma, colon, prostate or bladder cancer, for example – or are damaged by radiation treatment, infection or trauma.
The massage therapists at IWS are trained in Manual lymphatic drainage. We provide gentle massage which is intended to encourage the natural drainage of the lymph. The lymph system depends on intrinsic contractions of the smooth muscle cells in the walls of lymph vessels (peristalsis) and the movement of skeletal muscles to propel lymph through the vessels to lymph nodes and then beyond the lymph nodes to the lymph ducts which return lymph to the cardiovascular system. Manual lymph drainage uses a very light specific amount of pressure and rhythmic circular movements to stimulate lymph flow. We are trained to assess and treat for lymphatic swelling. We take special care in communicating with our clients about their needs and creating a individualized treatment plan for each person.
Sports Massage Sports massage is geared toward athletes of every kind, from world-class professionals to weekend joggers. The particulars of the massage are specific to the athlete’s sport of choice and are often focused on a particular troublesome area like the knee or the shoulder. Aspects of massage are gaining popularity as useful components in a balanced training regimen. Sports massage can be used as a means to enhance pre-event preparation and reduce recovery time for maximum performance during training or after an event. Athletes have discovered that specially designed massage promotes flexibility, removes fatigue, improves endurance, helps prevent injuries, and prepares them to compete at their absolute best.
Pregnancy is a turbulent time for an expectant mom, with symptoms that include fatigue/tiredness, swelling, nausea/morning sickness, backache, headache and emotional turbulence. Lower backaches may be a symptom that occurs early in pregnancy; however, it is common to experience a dull backache for the entire term. Fortunately, pregnancy massage can help ease symptoms and let you focus on what is most important: preparing for your newborn baby. Integrated Wellness Systems provides a special table for the maximum comfort of pregnant clients.
Massage during pregnancy is considered safe, and Integrated Wellness System’s specialty in pregnancy massage will ensure all the proper precautions are taken to maximize your benefits from the treatment. Massage will increase circulation and help create space in the body to relieve the pressure from the baby’s weight. Weight gain and joint laxity can cause women to feel off-balance and clumsy. Massage can relax the muscles around the joints to improve balance. (Reference: “Expecting Moms Embrace Massage: Pregnancy Massage Contributes to Nine Healthy Months” by Hope Bentley).
Medical Massage (directed by Craig Danehy)
According to the American Medical Massage Association (AMMA), medical massage is “A system of manually applied techniques designed to reduce pain, establish normal tissue tension, create a positive tissue environment and normalize the movement of the musculoskeletal system. Medical massage is a scientifically based method of manual therapy that seeks a clear understanding of the scientific principles of physiology that affect connective and soft tissue healing and treatment.”
- Medical Massage is NOT a general treatment. Rather, Medical Massage Therapy is applied as a specific manual therapy to the areas relating to the diagnoses provided by the primary care physician.
- Medical massage therapy is delivered to an anatomical region of the patient’s body based upon soft tissue and joint exam findings and various other assessment procedures.
- Medical massage treatment plans involve progressive stages of manual therapy treatment, the goal of which is to correct abnormal conditions affecting the musculoskeletal system while reducing or eliminating pain.
- Medical massage adopts the terminology, techniques and protocols used by the traditional allopathic medical health care systems.
- A typical medical massage session lasts between 30 minutes and 90 minutes.
What is Orthopedic Massage?
Orthopedic Massage (OM) describes a comprehensive system, rather than a single technique, that involves therapeutic assessment, manipulation and movement of soft tissues to resolve pain and dysfunction. OM’s focus is restoring function and structural balance throughout the body for both prevention and rehabilitation of musculoskeletal dysfunctions. OM takes a multidisciplinary approach that looks to resolve the origin of the pain and dysfunction either from trauma-induced injuries or postural imbalances that exacerbate the pain through daily activities. Common orthopedic conditions can stem from sports injuries, postural imbalances due to poor work ergonomics, chronic pain and scar tissue from surgery or traumatic injury.
OM can be used to identify and correct conditions such as:
- coccyx and sacral dysfunction
- forward head postures
- rib fixations
- Dowager’s Humps
- back spasms/pain
- SI joint and iliac dysfunction
- cervical pain
- rotator cuff injuries
- frozen shoulder
- thoracic outlet syndrome
- carpal tunnel syndrome and tennis elbow
- plantar fascitis and foot pain
- anterior compartment syndrome
- shin splints
- iliotibial band (ITB) issues
- chondromalacia patella and knee pain
- whiplash injuries
- compressed disks
- scar tissue issues
- the list goes on…
Deep Tissue Massage
Deep tissue massage is similar to Swedish massage, but is used to target muscle knots (trigger points), release chronic muscle tension, reduce inflammation and aid in the elimination of scar tissue. The focus is on the deepest layers of muscle tissue, tendons, and fascia (the protective layer surrounding muscles, bones and joints). While Swedish massage uses strokes aligned with the grain of the muscles, deep tissue massage uses strokes across the grain. Because techniques such as deep finger pressure are used, the treated area may be slightly uncomfortable, with soreness that lasts one or two days before giving way to the desired relaxation and pain relief.
Neuromuscular Massage (directed by Craig Danehy)
The most effective type of massage therapy for lower back pain is neuromuscular therapy. Neuromuscular therapy is also called trigger point therapy. These painful points located within taut bands of muscle are known as trigger points because they ”trigger” pain in another part of the body. The American Academy of Pain Management recognizes this form of massage therapy as an effective treatment for back pain caused by soft tissue injury (such as a muscle strain). Trigger points are treated primarily with the application of sustained, usually static, pressure. Sometimes this is referred to as ischemic pressure and can vary from very light to heavy depending on the stage of development of the trigger point. Through the softening of trigger points, Integrated Wellness Systems’ Neuromuscular Massage aims to reduce chronic pain, increase range of motion, and correct postural distortions.
What is oncology massage? Oncology massage is the modification of existing massage therapy techniques in order to safely work with complications of cancer and cancer treatment. Anyone who has ever received cancer treatment, from those in active treatment to those in recovery or survivorship, as well as those at the end of life, are best served by a massage therapist who has received training in oncology massage.
Essential aspects of an oncology massage therapist’s skill set are an informed understanding of the disease itself and the many ways it can affect the human body; the side effects of cancer treatments, such as medications, surgery, chemotherapy and radiation; and the ability to modify massage techniques in order to adapt for these side effects, as well as for the disease.
Oncology Massage Assessments Clinical assessments and adaptations to the massage session for someone experiencing cancer or with a history of cancer treatment are critical to providing a safe massage. Standard oncology massage intake questions include those pertaining to:
- cancer treatment history
- tumor site or metastasis
- compromised blood cell counts
- lymph node involvement
- blood clots or blood clot risk
- medications (short and long term)
- vital organ involvement
- fragile or unstable tissue
- medical devices
- fatigue, neuropathy, or pain
- changes in sensation
- late effects of treatment
A properly trained massage therapist will ask questions about these issues and more, depending on your unique situation. Many of the changes that will be made to your session will be virtually imperceptible to you as a recipient (and others may be quite obvious), but they are essential to safety and proper support of your well being.
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy works with the laws of physics to increase oxygen in the body. Increased pressure in the chamber makes it easier for oxygen to be absorbed into every cell. This gives you healthier cells. Healthy cells = healthy tissues = healthy organs. This therapy reduces inflammation and swelling while increasing blood flow and circulation. Wound healing is faster and the increased oxygen promotes detoxification. Oxygen treatment may be able to help you! It has proven to help many conditions including but not limited to:
- Bell’s Palsy
- Brain Injury
- Chronic Fatigue
- Circulation issues
- Joint Pain
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Muscle Pain
- Near Drowning
- Premature Aging
- Respiratory issues
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Seizure disorder
- Sleep disorders
- Sports Enhancement
- Surgery Healing
- Toxic Environmental Exposure
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Wellness (general)
- Wound Healing
Hyperthermic Ozone & Carbonic Acid Transdermal Therapy
The HOCATT Ozone Sauna offers wellness, beauty, anti-aging, and performance enhancement in just 30 minutes. Combining ozone therapy, far infrared therapy, carbonic acid therapy, electrotherapy, and aromatherapy, this state-of-the-art machine is your next stop for whole-body wellness. Its goal is to promote overall well-being, promote detoxification, and increase circulation.
- Ozone therapy: Ozone interacts with the skin to enhance oxygenation and detoxification.
- Whole Body Hyperthermia: Utilizing far infrared and steam, the HOCATT machine induces hyperthermia and sweating, which helps eliminate toxins and cleanses the skin.
- Carbonic Acid Therapy: The skin absorbs carbonic acid transdermally, supporting the removal of waste products and improving nutrient delivery.
- Electro Frequency Therapy: The HOCATT addresses issues from pain and nervous system therapy to mental and physical performance enhancement through emitting different frequencies with their own special and unique abilities.
- Aromatherapy: Essential oil infusions help increase vitality and the body’s ability to stave off infection.
X-Tone Muscle Tone Fat Removal
Strengthen muscles, reduce swelling, relieve pain, and remove unwanted fat deposits with the X-Tone machine. Feel the benefits of a high-intensity workout all while you’re lying down. In just 30 minutes, targeted muscles are contracted 49,500 times increasing muscle density and tone. Try it out today and step closer to the body of your dreams!
PEMF & Infrared Therapy
Using bursts of low-level electromagnetic radiation, Pulsed-Electromagnetic Field (PEMF) therapy heals damaged tissues, relieves injury-related pain, and even stimulates organs.
- PEMF and Infrared Mat: Combining both PEMF and infrared therapy, lay on this mat to help manage chronic pain, recover from workouts, deepen your meditations, or experience total-body relaxation.
- Infrared Sauna Blanket: Choose between a short session (10-20 min) that increases circulation in the skin and gives you a warm glow or a longer session (1 hr +) that delivers a detoxifying sweat. Either option you choose tricks your body into releasing endorphins giving you a relaxing sensation.
- Red Light Face Mask: Using low wavelengths of red light, this face mask rejuvenates your skin tone, reduces redness, improves the skin renewal process, promotes healing, serves as an anti-inflammatory, supports collagen production for a healthy-looking glow, and enhances your mood
Hydrogen Inhalation Therapy
Molecular Hydrogen (H2) is the best antioxidant to fight off oxidative stress. It is odorless, colorless, and tasteless, meaning inhalation therapy is non-intrusive and imperceptible to your immediate senses. Breathing it in through a face mask or nasal cannula allows the benefits to act faster. Benefits include:
- Reduces fat, cellulite and wrinkles
- Restores youthfulness
- Regulates blood circulation and peripheral circulation
- Helps with quicker sports injury recovery
- Slows down free radical damage
- Helps flush heavy metals from our bodies
- Boosts mitochondria function
Amplify Sunlighten Sauna
This sauna is unlike the ones you would see at the gym or a spa. The Amplify Sunlighten Sauna combines the powers of both infrared technology and chromotherapy to emit heat directly to your body. Traditional saunas heat the air around you, but infrared saunas never get uncomfortably hot because the radiation is absorbed by your body. The increase in body temperature causes your body to mimic the effects of moderate exercise. Try our infrared sauna today to improve heart health, increase metabolism, and rejuvenate your skin!
A whole-body wellness practice that can change your life in 3o minutes, the contour pod combines infrared heat, LED red light therapy, and lymphatic massage to remove cellulite, tighten skin, reduce stress, increase metabolism, and so much more!
- Infrared Heat and LED Red Light: Stimulates the healing processes of exercises to break down and release stored fat content. Promotes collagen thus removing cellulite.
- Massage and Vibration: Causes slimming, toning, and skin tightening. It also increases lymphatic health.
Experience the Healing Power of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Integrated Wellness Systems’s focus on wellness has expanded to include mild hyperbaric oxygen therapy. We are so excited to offer this simple yet revolutionary healing therapy that can help so many people with our sister company, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy of Western New York.